Sunday, June 12, 2011

I had such an amazing time on our stake trek! My testimony has grown so much. I really am just shocked by the love that my Heavenly Father and Savior have for me ... it encompasses my every flaw :)

Here are the pictures I promised!


The first night :) We pushed our handcart 11 1/2 miles uphill so I was too tired to take pictures of anything else haha :) 


My "Ma" on the first morning :) 
 We stayed at this camp from Tuesday night - Wednesday morning.


Our wagon at the camp we stayed at Wednesday evening - Friday morning.


Thursday was our "Sunday", and this was the meeting we attended. We didn't have to walk Thursday! Whoo-hoo!!


My "siblings" :)

From left to right:
 Megan, Adrena, Shawn, and Michael :)
.........
And then my real dad in the back-round hahaha :)





Hair washing! My favorite part!!! 
I cannot explain to you what a difference just having your hair clean makes ...



Getting my hair re-braided after the washing :)



A crazy tree that my dad found ... it splits at the top!!


Friday afternoon... we made it to base camp!! We are waiting for the buses to arrive :)


The bus ride home I was braiding my hair because I was bored lol :)



Walking 20 miles wasn't the only adventure I had on that trip! On the way to the trek (Tuesday morning) my ward's bus broke down ... twice!! We had to switch buses and reload our buckets and sleeping bags onto it. 
Then on the way home, my ward's bus got a flat tire!!! We again had to switch buses and reload our belongings haha :) 

It was an unforgettable experience though ... fatigue and dirt aside ;) Some of the relationships I made on the trek are those of a lifetime ... it's amazing how bonding pushing a heavy handcart 20 miles with complete strangers can be! 



No comments:

Post a Comment